Paperblog

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Stubborn as we are


           Here is one more poem that was written by me, when I was 21. It was never shown to anyone, so you appear to be the first listener or reader it's better to say. It still has no name, but I call it usually "Stubborn". The name has come to me with the idea of people who are stubborn enough to acknowledge their own fault.

                                                                                       
“Help is needed!”, they cry in despair,
And they cover the heads with the hands.
Throwing promises up to the air,
Holy listeners hide in the sands.
Neither signs, nor the evident warnings
Make the listeners simply respond,
Make them keep their white-livered promise –
Still indifferent stays all beau-monde.

 
Sincerely,
Sam



8 comments:

  1. People aren't stubborn. They are sometimes lazy. That's it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps. However, I can't say this about all people. Stubbornness is more appropriate for this poem, I think.

      Delete
  2. I like the poem though, the metaphors are good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback! It means much for me.

      Delete
  3. I can't but agree with you, Sam.
    <<>>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I appreciate your interest in my writings very much.

      Delete
  4. I don't consider myself to be stubborn, but sometimes, I am.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and I'll try to respond to everyone.
Yours,
Sam

"We all need people who will give us feedback. That's how we improve" - Bill Gates