Paperblog

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Thinking about the Past (Part IV)

            It has been such a difficult week for me, but, fortunately, the weekend has come, and I'm back with my writings. Here is what I've been up to this night:

CT
Thinking about the Past (Part IV)
 


IV.
I like that I can think of the city as a god or a goddess, more likely as a god.
I have never been able to understand why people worship gods,
Why they create temples and sacrifice places,
Why they describe their gods so solemnly and humbly,
Why they are ready to eat the soil to prove their devotion.
Now, as I met the city, I fully betided the essence of this fidelity.
It dawned upon me that I could do anything for the city, even if it were wrong in the things I love and care.
The things I like the most in the city are the language and style.
It has something Gothic in the appearance, even with the lionish fur.
Its eyes are hardly describable.
The only thing I can say about them is that they show me everything –
Everything that I want or dream.
They are somehow a bit disturbing, but not at all tiresome.
They make my neck bend down and the head immerse into the language realm.
Who knows where the city gets this magnetism.
It is just pouring out of its eyes,
With the inrush of a volcano eruption or hailing.
It killed hundreds of people I am sure. Will it kill me as well? I wonder.
The city cannot tell me now –
It is still asleep.
 

As always yours,
Sam

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sam! I liked the part about eyes very much. Thanks. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gwenn,
      Thanks for your comment! Happy to hear you liked it.
      best,
      Sam

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and I'll try to respond to everyone.
Yours,
Sam

"We all need people who will give us feedback. That's how we improve" - Bill Gates